Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Full Moon Ritual did not...

....go as planned.

I did not unearth my crystals. I did not light a candle. But I did see Mother Moon! And I did drink a glass of red wine.

It rained off and on all day. A thunderstorm at suppertime. Never did I think the sky would clear up. But it did.

I opened the door, looked half-heartedly at the sky and saw........Stars! Stars? Hey, it's cleared up! So flip-flops flopping, I hurried down the wet driveway, hoping not to run into Mr. Groundhog, or Mrs. Raccoon. Did not even think of Ms. Skunk. I would not look forward to stepping on Ms. Skunk in the dark.

Slap, slap, slap, echoed my flip-flops in the dark night. Crickets chirped, and insects droned (funny how much louder they sound in the dark). Passed by the ghostly shapes of heavy machinery at the end of my street, left over from the day's construction workers.
An innocuous line of mail-boxes hovering in the shadows, looked like a crouching creature waiting to spring.

A bat flew overhead. Oh good! First bat of the season. I like bats; they eat insects. It's been too cold here this summer for night walks - so I haven't seen any bats. Or fireflies for that matter.

Strange how cold the night air was last night. No matter. Excitedly I scanned the tree tops for a sign of Mother Moon. What laughed back at me were clouds. Clouds? Where did they come from? Why is the sky so clear overhead and yet cloudy on the horizon, just where the moon is supposed to come up??

Tough toenails! (bet you haven't heard that expression in a long time). I'm just gonna stand here until Mother Moon shows herself.
I waited.
Nothing.
I waited some more.
Still nothing but pesky clouds, clouding my vision.
Where or where was that darn moon, anyway?

Hmmmm, maybe it's my fault. Maybe I have the time wrong.
Turning back, I started for home.
All of a sudden I heard a car's tires crunching in the gravel behind me. Since it was pitch black, I jumped to the side of the road to avoid being hit. In doing so, I glanced back up at the sky to see.......the shining face of Mother Moon - regally ascending her throne in the sky! The clouds had parted to make way for her shining face.

Drawing down her silvery light; her powerful energy, I asked of her to grant us world peace. This is my wish - all the time. World peace - if we could ever attain that!

Yes, I stood there in the middle of the silent, dark road; hands in the Air, hoping nobody was looking out their windows, and at the same time, not really caring.

10 comments:

mel said...

I think it's those spontaneous, unplanned *rituals* that work best....they're from the heart...

Sounds like a lovely one indeed..and what a perfect wish....

Grammy said...

Oh Wendy, I am so glad you got a glimpse of her full moon beauty. On the walk back from the carnival I saw an orange glow in the sky with clouds covering her. Then when I got home to get my camera it was clear and higher in the sky. It was an awesome night. I too want peace in the world.
Sending you blessings of love and light

Anonymous said...

You say your night didn't go as planned--but your description of it is quite poetic and beautiful!

Wendy said...

Thank you, Mel. I do like spontaneous best.

Hi Grammy, thank you. I'm glad you got to see the moon too. Love and Light back at ya!

Thank you Riverwolf. I appreciate your kind words.

Marimoy said...

It seems like your night was just perfect! :D

Renee said...

World peace, now that is a wonderful wish.

Love you Wendy.

Love Renee xoxo

Renee said...

Oh dear friend.

Thank you, thank you so much for your comment. It touched me deeply. Because I know that you know.

Love Renee xoxo

Beth Niquette said...

Hello, Wendy!

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. You fling bits of sunshine wherever you go. Hugs

Ravenoak said...

I didn't plan very well, but in the end the intention was there. Your night sounds perfect.

Child of the New Forest said...

Wendy you are so wild, I love it! Such wonderfully evocative writing too.