Thursday, February 19, 2009

Swimming


Sometimes I feel like I am swimming in deep water.
I swim long and hard.
I get tired.
Sometimes I just want to rest.
But I can't.
I can't let go of Hubby.
He'll drown.

So I continue to swim.
Sometimes I see an island and swim there.
We sit and rest for a while.
But the island always dissolves, just when I least expect it.
Just when I hope that "this time" the island will remain, strong and sturdy so we can stay.

There are times when I float on my back and swim leisurely, enjoying the warm salty water.
Other times the wind picks up and the waves crash over my head, scaring me.

There are times I see hungry sharks close by. But they always swim away.
And whirlpools which threaten to bring us down.

The sun comes up and I swim.
At night it's dark and I shiver.
But I can't let go.
Not
Ever.

9 comments:

Grammy said...

Big hug. I will send you a life raft if ever you need me. big hug.

Wendy said...

Thank you grammy - I'll take you up on that offer.

KeKe said...

...Giving faith a chance to float up, is what is perserving you. It'll save you every time.

Hugs

Q said...

Dear Wendy,
I do understand. You will let go when the time is right.
Trust yourself....you have all the love and strength you need right inside of you. Sometimes when you are swimming listen to the still small voice. Perhaps you will hear the song....
Always swimming right by you! (Maybe that should be "spinning"!)
Namaste,
Sherry

Miss Robyn said...

this is a very powerful poem Wendy xo
I know exactly what you mean about getting tired. I want to rest too. ((hugs))

Cheryl said...

Dear Wendy....the waters are deep....they hold our fears....they also hold much beauty.....and you, my friend, are still floating.......
you have friends with you, you are never truly alone.....we are all out here, floating with you.......

Wendy said...

Hi Kelly, I think I need to focus more on faith. Thanks for the reminder.

Hi Sherry, thank you for your friendship. I will listen for the song. I love music and singing. It's the language of the soul.

Hi Robyn, thanks for being here too.

Hi Cheryl, thank you too. Your friendship means a lot to me. I will listen to your wise words.

KeKe said...

I have a blog award for you Wendy. You can pick it up at my personal blog~www.inmysepiastudio.blogspot.com

Renee said...

You have a beautiful blog.

xoxoxo